Certified Food Safety Manager Course Descriptions
During Certified Food Manager training courses we will cover the following topics:
- How to Serve Safe Food
- Understanding differences between bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi.
- What can cause food to become contaminated
- How to protect food from contamination
- Discussion on food allergies
- Personal Hygiene
- Temperature control from delivery to sale
- Facility and Pest Management
- Employee Training
- Introduction to Food Safety Management Plans
Tired of canceled classes?
We never cancel a class for under-enrollment. Your time is valuable and SMF Training respects that.
Current Class List
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 02/27|
|Two Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Mon 03/04|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Tue 03/12|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 03/20|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Mon 03/25|
|Two Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Tue 04/02|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Tue 04/09|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Sat 04/13|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 04/24|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Mon 04/29|
If you do not see a class date that meets your needs please call Sue at 410-687-1015. We typically offer 2 day trainings the first week of the month and 1 day trainings weekly throughout the year.
Food Safety Manager Certification is also known in Baltimore County as Level I training.
First time ServSafe® Food Safety Manager Certification
16 hour Training and Exam
If you are required by your jurisdiction to have a certified food handler on site you will need 16 hours of training.
We offer two class formats to meet your needs:
- 2 day traditional classroom training . You will receive a study guide upon registration, it is recommended that you review the study guide prior to class. Instructor will explain why we do things they way we do but can not help you memorize temperatures, sanitizing chart, etc.. You will be assigned some reading outside of class time between day one and two. Course includes ServSafe ® training by a State of Maryland approved ServSafe ® instructor and exam. Books are provided for use during class or may be purchased.
- 8 hr home-study with 1 day classroom training. If you are a self-starter and willing to do some homework this is the class for you.
We take food safety seriously and expect that students taking this course do the bookwork that is requested.
Employers: If you are not confident your employee will finish the assigned work, please consider our 16 hour classroom ServSafe ® Food Safety Manager course.
If a student does not complete the self-study work they will receive an 8 hour training letter.
We do not recommend the one day class for individuals that are new to food service.
There will be a pre-class check by the instructor to verify that course work has been completed. Any student not completing required work will only receive credit for classroom time. There will be no refunds for students not completing work. Course cost includes ServSafe ® training by a State of Maryland Interjurisdictionally approved ServSafe ® instructor and exam. Books are provided for use during class or may be purchased.
One day Re-Certification ServSafe ®Food Safety Manager Certification
8 hour Training & Exam
8 hour classroom time is required for re-certification. You will receive a study guide upon registration, it is recommended that you review the study guide prior to class. Course includes ServSafe ® training by a State of Maryland approved ServSafe ® instructor and exam. Books may be purchased.
ServSafe ® Exam Only
If you have taken on-line training or just need to take exam you can select any one day class and arrive 2 1/2 hours prior to end of class for exam. Exam Fee is $75. Pre-registration is required. We can also offer private proctoring at our location for $125. Contact us for registration at 410-687-1015. Please note this is not a recommended option for employers in City of Annapolis or Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Prince Georges, Howard or Montgomery Counties. You will not receive the required training hours letter that is required in these counties or cities for the Food Safety Manager card.