Top-Notch Food Safety Training
Tired of canceled classes?
We never cancel a class for under-enrollment. Your time is valuable and SMF Training and Consulting respects that.
Current Class List
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 12/16|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Tue 01/05|
|Two Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 01/06|
|One Day ServSafe Food Safety Manager||Wed 01/13|
If you do not see a class date that meets your needs please call Sue at 410-687-1015. We typically offer 2 day trainings the first week of the month and 1 day trainings weekly throughout the year.
Top-Notch Food Safety Staff Training
Top-Notch training will provide the knowledge they need to provide safe food to your customers.
- Why is practicing food safety important
- What can go wrong and the cost to the employees and owners
- How food handlers can prevent contamination of the food they serve
- How to handle food during the flow of food
- Employee Illness
Not everyone needs the Manager level training and ServSafe certification, but all your staff should receive food safety training.
In the past, I have offered the 2-hour food handler training and to be honest I never really felt like I was getting through to the staff.
After being a food service owner for over 12 years, then teaching for 10 years, providing inspection services for over 7 years I have taken my
experience and knowledge and created a staff level training that explains what typically goes wrong in retail and how they can play a positive
role in preventing mistakes from happening.
The training is 3 hours and can be held at your location or at mine. A self-graded exam will be provided to test the student’s application of knowledge.
Cost for general training is $300 for first 10 students and $10 for each additional student. Course includes Top-Notch reference book and certificate of completion from SMF Training and Consulting.
Contact Sue at 410-687-1015 or by email to arrange for a private class or discuss options.
Free 10 minute employee illness training video
Start the training HERE!
The purpose of this training is to assist you and your employees in understanding the importance of the recommended FDA form 1-B. During the presentation the following topics are covered;
- What is foodborne illness
- Causes of foodborne illness
- Who can be affected by foodborne illness
- Symptoms of foodborne illness
- How does foodborne illness relate to the employees job
- The responsibilities of a foodhandler
- Proper Hygiene; including hand-care, glove use and RTE foods
- What symptoms and illnesses must be reported to management
- Understanding the form 1B
NOTE: this is not to be used as a substitution for food handler food safety training.