SMF Training & Consulting - locally owned.
By Phone: 410-382-4325
By Email: Sue@MarylandFoodHandler.com
Our classroom and office is located at: 617 K Stemmers Run Rd, Essex MD 21221. We are in the Stem-Ross Professional Building
We never cancel a class for under-enrollment.
Why ServSafe ®?
The ServSafe ® Food Protection Manager Certification is nationally recognized and accredited. To date, more than 5 million ServSafe ® Food Protection Manager Certifications have been awarded.
CommentsFrom the start, Mrs. Farace showed not only the knowledge but also the ability to teach it to others. Not limiting with what was in the text, but adding her own experiences and stories did help us understand better what the book referred to in some o - P. Venegas,
Really enjoyed this training...very interactively taught!! - eboni, cfuf
NOT only TO MENTION THAT, I was the only student in class that day, Mrs. Sue Farace gave me the entire class instruction and never passed an area that I was not sure of. Best class and instructor that can be had ! I can't wait to re-certify...I will contact her ! Thank you Mrs. Sue for the score of 91 ! William Cleveland - wILLIAM cLEVELAND, SELF
Sue Farace is a great trainer for this course. She made the long class bearable and the information needed for HACCP interesting. - Stephanie M, Ruxton Chocolates Naron Mary Sue Candies
Sue was the best I will let any know to take her class she is wicked awsome every time I called her for information she was there for me, and sue if you read this THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! - Balinda ,
About the Owner & Instructor
Susan Farace, CP-FS
Certified Servsafe ® Instructor and Proctor #5341824
Certified Professional of Food Safety, Credential ID # 21050
State of Maryland interjuridictionally approved instructor for all counties requiring a Food Safety Manager.
- I was born and raised in the Baltimore area.
- I graduated from University of Baltimore in 1995 with a degree in business management.
- Spent first part of career as a construction accountant.
- In 1998 I was looking for a career change. So I purchased a mobile kitchen. That lead to a bar/tavern, seafood carry-out and finally a cafe.
- In October 2009 I became an authorized ServSafe ® instructor and proctor.
- In October 2014 I recieved my CP-FS from National Environmental Health Association.
- To me this is not just a job, I love teaching students about food safety. My reward is when renewal students tell me I am the best instructor they ever had and now they understand the whys not just the rules.
- I believe in teaching the students to learn, rather than memorize the information in the ServSafe ® text.
Directions to classroom
From I 695, take Rt 40 East, make a right on Rossville Blvd and follow until end. Make a left on Stemmers Run Rd. We are located in the Stem-Ross Professional Building #617. When you approach the double doors to the main entrance look left and our door is down corridor.